Directions to Check for updates:
1. Open Paper Tiger
2. Go to Help Menu
3. Select “Check for Updates” (Refer Image 1)
Note: To check for PaperTiger Updates you must need an internet connection.
You can automatically get the notifications when Monticello releases any new updates for PaperTiger version, if you enabled the Update service.
Below are the steps to Enable/Disable Update Service:
1. Open the Paper Tiger
2. Click on the Help menu, select “Configure Update Service”
3. “The PaperTiger Update service Options” popup will be opened.
4. You can also specify the “Auto check interval” period. (Refer Image 2)
5. Check the “No” Radio button for Disable or check the “Yes” Radio button for Enable or then click on the “Ok” button. (Refer Image 2)
You can also check for updates from our Product Update Page
1. When updating Paper Tiger, be sure to log on as the Windows Administrator (recommended) or with an account that has administrative rights (the Paper Tiger software must be installed by an Administrator)
2. Disable any anti-virus software along with any other running programs that may interfere with the installation process, then turn your anti-virus back on after installation has completed.
3. You may need to restore your database backup.
You can use the Convert Data option or the Restore Database option to restore your database to Paper Tiger.
For the Convert Data option, see instructions at Convert Data from a Version 4.0 or Later Using a Paper Tiger Backup File (.bak)
For the Restore Database option, see instructions at How to Archive or Restore a Database with the Database Backup Manager
If you need to know where your database is located, please see our knowledge base article Where Can I Find My Paper Tiger Database Backups?