In order to prepare your existing database to archive to a remote location such as a flash drive or CD, follow this guide. You will first clear all pending items from your database, and then create a new backup file.
1. Clear all pending transfers
In order to clear all pending transfers, do the following:
- Open The Paper Tiger
- Click on the "Confirm" button
- Either confirm or cancel all the pending transfers
2. Create new backup file
- Go to File > Database Backup Manager
- Make sure you select "Create New Backup File" for the type of backup
- Click on the "Backup Database" button
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 one more time. This will create 2 new backup files as seen here:
- Now select the second row in the backup file entry and click the "Archive Backup File" button
- Choose a place to save your backup file such as a flash drive or CD. Then you're ready to restore the backup when you need to.