If you already have a paid Paper Tiger Online single user account and a Google Apps or Gmail account, simply connect your Paper Tiger Online account to your Google account. To learn more about Digital Tiger, go to http://thepapertiger.com/digital_tiger. Please note, Digital Tiger is not available in Paper Tiger Online multi-user accounts.
To connect your Paper Tiger Account to Google Drive:
1. Log into your Paper Tiger Online Account
2. Click on the Accounts (upgrades/invoices) tab.
3. Locate the link to 'Connect your Paper Tiger account to Google Documents'
4. Click the OK button on the next popup box.
Notice: You may see this message on the Google Accounts page: "The application that directed you here claims to be "Paper Tiger Digital". We are unable to verify this claim as the application runs on your computer, as opposed to a website. We recommend you deny access unless you trust the application."
5. Click the button to Accept the connection between your Paper Tiger Online account and your Google Drive.
6. You should then receive a green flag at the top of your Paper Tiger page that Google Documents Account Linked Successfully.
7. You should then activate Digital Tiger search in the database in which you wish to search for both the physical items indexed into Paper Tiger, and for the digital files you have stored in Google Drive.
Activate Digital Tiger Search
By default Digital Tiger results are not automatically included in your search results. To perform a Digital Tiger search you must be inside any one of your databases and either have permanently activated digital search in your "Database preferences" or temporarily from the "Advanced Search" section of the search bar.
Because the preference for making Digital Tiger search permanent is Database specific you must activate the feature for each database that you wish to search both Digital and Paper Files. Temporary searches can be made in any database but only lasts for one search. You will need to re-select Digital search when making another Digital Tiger search.
Digital Tiger Search - Permanent setting
1. Within your Database go to Database Preferences
2. Under "Activate Digital Search" select "Yes. Show Digital results"
Or You Can Perform a Temporary Digital Search
1. Above the Search bar, click "Show advanced search" (Note: Advanced Search is not available in the Basic plan)
2. In the advanced search menu, check the "Search Digital Tiger" box.