There are many ways to upload files to Google Docs which include:
- Dragging files directly into your Google Documents List
- Clicking the Upload button and selecting Files...
Once you upload a file, the settings you select will be applied to all files you upload. You can adjust these preferences in the Settings section of the Upload drop-down menu.
When you upload a file, a box that indicates the progress of the upload appears in the bottom right of your screen. You can minimize the box or move it to the left or right of the screen. When you’re done, you can click the document title to open the uploaded file or close the box by clicking the x in the upper right of the box.
Drag-and-drop file upload
You can drag-and-drop your files directly from your computer into your Google Documents List, and even straight into a collection.
This feature is available only in the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox. If you aren’t working in the latest version of Chrome or Firefox, you can click the Upload button and select either Files... or Basic... from the drop-down menu.
To manually select files from your computer to upload to Google Docs, follow these steps:
- In your Documents List, click the Upload button and select Files... from the drop-down menu.
- Select the file you’d like to upload to Google Docs. To select multiple files, press Shift or Ctrl and click all the files to upload.
- Your file will appear in your Google Documents List.
See different ways for getting your files to Google Docs including how to Upload entire Folders so you can save time by uploading files/folders in batch. See more here