This error normally occurs on a Windows XP computer when the Windows Management Interface(WMI) is corrupted. The following fix was given to us by Microsoft and it has worked successfully in some cases. We cannot assume responsibility for Microsoft's suggestions or for supporting Windows on their computer. This means we cannot walk the customer through this on the phone, they must do it themselves. We recommend that the customer review Microsoft's Knowledge base for information about the WMI or contact Microsoft support before proceeding.
Please copy the text below exactly as it appears:
The Monticello Corporation cannot assume responsibilty for the issue you are experiencing with the WMI configuration. This is a Windows issue. We suggest you contact Microsoft for assistance with this error. If you choose to attempt the directions below from Microsoft, you do so at your own risk. Please be aware that if something goes wrong, your operating system may not boot up again.
- Open a command prompt and run the following commands:
for /f %s in ('dir /b *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %s for /f %s in ('dir /b *.mof') do mofcomp %s wmiprvse /regserver winmgmt /regserver
Follow the directions below to rebuild the WMI repository if you get the following error:
- Run services.msc and stop the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service. Set its startup type as Disabled.
- Go to the %windir%\system32\wbem folder. Rename the Repository folder as Repository-bak.
- Set the WMI service's startup type as Automatic and then start the service.
- Give 5-10 minutes for rebuilding repository.
After that, please try to install Paper Tiger once again.