Paper Tiger Desktop
Information about the Paper Tiger Desktop and Network Software. Includes information on how to use the software, upgrading your version and database issues
Technical Support Articles
- Received "Error 75 - the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." While Using The Paper Tiger
- How do I change the font size in Paper Tiger?
- Why Do I Keep Having to Restart SQL Service in Paper Tiger?
- Error 13 -- Conversion from string
- SetupDataPath error
- The Paper Tiger closes or crashes when Locations button is clicked
About Paper Tiger
- What is a Location in Paper Tiger?
- If I try Paper Tiger Online and want to go back to The Paper Tiger desktop software, how do I do this?
- If I don't want to use Paper Tiger Online, do you have a downloadable software program?
- Can we network multiple users in Paper Tiger Online?
- Why is Paper Tiger better than using an old fashioned alphabetic system?
- What is an index?
Technical Support Questions
- I've lost the Paper Tiger screen?
- How do I change my computer name?
- Scheduling a remote session for tech support
- How do I take a screen shot?
- Is my version of Paper Tiger Desktop still supported?
- How do I check for updates in Paper Tiger?
- What does a professional organizer do?
- At first glance, this method looks like it will take me longer to file than with my current alphabetic method, is that true?
- Why now? Aren't paperless offices the trend of the future?
- Paper Tiger Filing System Software seems expensive, how do I justify the cost?
- What if I try Paper Tiger and don't like the indexed method? Will I be left with an office full of randomly indexed documents with no method of retrieval?
- Is the office manager or administrative assistant less important with Paper Tiger Filing System?
- Why do you not offer support or updates on Paper Tiger versions before 4.0?
- Can we purchase a network version of Paper Tiger software?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- If I am dissatisfied, how can I return the software?
- How long does it take for my package to be shipped/delivered?
- System Requirements
Databases: Working with Paper Tiger Desktop
- How do I prepare my database for archiving a backup to Flash Drive or CD?
- Creating a New Backup
- How to Setup Auto Archive for Your Database Backup
- How do I import a Paper Tiger 4 CSV file?
- Convert data from a version 4.0 or later using the Copy Database Method
- Convert Data from a Version 4.0 or Later Using a Paper Tiger Backup file '.BAK'
- Paper Tiger SQL - Update from 2005 SQL Server Express
- Installing Paper Tiger On Window 10
- Error when installing on Windows 10 - .NET Framework Needs to be Installed
- Installing Paper Tiger on Windows 8
- Paper Tiger Network Client Can't Find the Server Name
- Startup Wizard
Tutorials and Training
- Interviews and Teleclasses
- What is the Paper Tiger? (5:07)
- Getting Started with Paper Tiger Software: Step 1 - Getting Setup (11:00)
- Getting Started with Paper Tiger Software: Step 2 - File it, retrieve it, and transfer it! (10:14)
- Getting Started with Paper Tiger Software: Step 3 - The Transfer Report (3:08)
- Getting Started with Paper Tiger Software: Step 4 - Action Dates (5:27)
SQL or Failed to Connect to Server Errors
- Turning SQL Service on for Windows 10
- SQL Server failed to modify security permissions on registry key supersocketnetlib
- SQL Server Fails to Install on Windows 7
- Turning SQL Service on for Windows 7/Vista
- Error 5 = Failed to connect to server
- Received error "Failed to connect to server XXXXX\PTXXXXX41" or "OpenSQLServer"