Installing Paper Tiger on Windows 8 is essentially the same process as installing on any older Windows version like Windows 7 and Windows XP. ( For regular installation please visit http://thepapertiger.com/support/articles.php?id=45238&catId=231 )
1. Be sure to log on as the Windows Administrator (recommended) or with an account that has administrative rights (Paper Tiger software must be installed by an Administrator)
2. Disable any anti-virus software along with any other running programs that may interfere with the installation process
3. Download and Save the latest installer (4.1.29) by going to the Products Download page:
4. Once the download is complete, run the EXE to begin the setup process.
I. When attempting to install Paper Tiger you will see a screen like this. Just click the "more info" link and select "Run Anyway"
II. During installation you will see three screens for Program Compatibility Assistant. Just click "Run the program without getting help".
5. Progress will setup normally.
6. Restart the system if prompted.
You will need your version 4 serial number.
For the detailed instructions, please click on the following link.
- You can use the Convert Data option or the Restore Database option to restore your database to Paper Tiger.
- For the Convert Data option converting 4.0 to 4.1, see instructions at Convert Data from a Version 4.0 or Later Using a Paper Tiger Backup File (.bak)
- For the Convert Data option converting 3.0 or older versions to 4.1, see instructions at Convert Data from a Version 3.0 or Older (.ptd)
- For the Restore Database option, see instructions at How to Archive or Restore a Database with the Database Backup Manager
- If you need to know where your database is located, please see our knowledge base article Where Can I Find My Paper Tiger Database Backups?